The school prides itself on its academic rigour, flexibility, and student-centric approach. CBSE allows the child to grow into a wholesome, skilled, competent individual
| Read More
The school is a buzzing laboratory of experimentation at all levels. Our innovations are born out of our needs and shaped by our passion for embracing change
| Read More
Our students enjoy a wide range of extracurricular, intellectual, social, artistic, and sporting pursuits. The canvas is forever expanding
| Read More
The academic year is peppered with events that you can read about here. Hear about our recent student achievements and other news straight from the school corridors
| Read More
Get a glimpse into the flipped model of learning
CBSE has been introducing sweeping changes in school curriculum and assessment pattern, moving towards preparing students for higher degree of problem solving, analytical thinking, and application-oriented skills. Dealing with this requires a change in the mindset of students, teachers and parents to approach learning from a radically new perspective. Flipped Learning is a response to this change. R.N Podar is the first school in the country to pilot and adopt the flipped method of learning in the classroom.
A Flipped Classroom allows learning to be self-directed, self-paced, personalized, and customized. It enhances the classroom experience to bring in higher order learning skills and a spirit of enquiry. The school has been using variations of this model in all grades and subjects, and the results have been exciting. This project is being executed in partnership with Phyzok Learning Solutions LLP.
R.N. Podar’s Career Guidance Cell (CGC) is a dedicated support centre to help students cope with the pressures of the highly demanding world of higher studies. The counselors aid students not only in knowing about and choosing from the varied career options, but also in meeting the various deadlines and eligibility criteria, and preparing their applications.
The CGC routinely conducts need-based student and parent orientation programs on the various streams and career options for classes X, XI, and XII. Regular seminars are organized with Indian and offshore varsities wherein students are informed of and aided in the admission process. The rnpsmentor site also provides timely alerts for competitive exam dates and submission deadlines. The CGC of R.N. Podar is the official guidance center for students from all boards seeking assistance regarding the online process for admission to junior colleges. The cell is also a designated center for providing guidance to All India Exams – AIPMT/JEE MAINS.
Father-son shake a leg to compete for the title of Podar Stars
We communicate with parents regularly through emails, class websites, circulars, notes, events, and interactions, both formal and informal. Our felt needs and ideas have given rise to several engaging events.
Every year we organize an orientation session for parents at the beginning of the academic year, to prepare them for the year ahead and resolve queries, and several others on a needs-basis, such as before grade 10 and 12 exams.
We organize parent workshops by professional facilitators and counsellors on topics such as learning to deal with stress and helping the child cope with hers, communicating and relating to the child, and so on. These workshops have been met with very good response from parents on whose request we have instituted these on an on-going basis.
The Primary section of the school, apart from organizing various internal competitions, also invites parents to be a part of competitions such as dance and cooking along with their young children. This creates a fun-filled opportunity for family-bonding. Parents and students alike have enjoyed and appreciated these events whole-heartedly.
- Consistently outstanding academic results in Class X and XII with state as well as country toppers
- Recognized as a centre of excellence by CBSE
- First school in the country to implement the flipped model of blended learning
- Case study by Google for Education regarding the usage of technology within the School. Read more here.
- Case Study by IIM-A done on the Resource Centre at the school
- Recognized as a ‘Microsoft Innovative School’, one among select schools globally
- ‘Outstanding School’ Award, Western Zone, at the 8th Indy’s Awards for Excellence
- Hindustan Times ‘Best Schools in the City’ award for the Western Zone
- Chosen as one of the Ashoka ‘Changemaker Schools’, an initiative that recognizes the need for a new way of learning
- Awarded the National Award for Teachers by the President of India
- Awarded the FICCI FLO Outstanding Woman Achiever Award, 2014
- Awarded an NTU award for inspirational teaching
- Awarded the EQFI Award for quality education
- Member, Governing Body, CBSE
- Member, Global Education Leaders Program (GELP)
Read a letter from the CBSE director here.